Considering the pandemic situation that we are facing in Portugal (and in the rest of the World), and even if the orienteering is a sport with a low risk associated, the organization established a contingency plan to protect all participants and staff. This contingency plan is available here and must be READ and FOLLOWED by all athletes and clubs. We kindly ask you all to be respectful in order to guarantee a safe event.
The main actions (that do not dismiss the reading of the contingency plan) are:
– All athletes must sign the Covid-19 responsibility term. The Portuguese athletes can submit them through the FPO website or send through the email firstname.lastname@example.org up to the 21st of January. Foreign athletes should send it (download here) through the email email@example.com. This step is a requirement to participate in the event;
– Athletes older than 12 years must present one of the following:
- A valid EU Digital COVID certificate;
- A valid recovery certificate;
- A valid negative test certificate (a PCR test is valid for 72h while an antigen test is valid for 48h).
– The athletes must present one of the certificates in the covid check point available in the event arenas. In this checkpoint, the organization will place an inviolable bracelet on the athletes with a valid certificate. If valid for both days, a white bracelet is given. If valid for only one day, an orange bracelet is given instead. This means that athletes with an orange bracelet will need to present a new test certificate on Sunday;
– Athletes younger than 12 years old do not need to present any certificate but must go the covid certificate checkpoint in order to receive a white bracelet, after proving their age;
– All athletes must wear a facial mask on the arenas and start area (in the case of the sprint, also during all the quarantine) as well as all the remaining rules described in the contingency plan;
– All athletes must maintain a secure social distance;
– The organization will have testing points in both areas that can be used by the athletes. The conditions are the following:
– The interested athletes should send an email to the organization requesting this service (firstname.lastname@example.org). The email should contain the following information:
- Complete name;
- Date of birth;
- Identification number / passport number;
- Address in Portugal.
– The Portuguese citizens can take advantage of the free tests offered by the government (4 per month). If they have already exceeded the free tests, the cost is 20€;
– For foreign athletes, the cost is 20€;
– The payment can be made in cash to the entity responsible for the tests;
Thank you for your comprehension.